Some employers prefer not to post job openings, so be sure to contact our Placement Chair for unadvertised job openings.
Click here to contact our Placement Chairperson
Companies that would like to post positions here 30 days free of charge should email a description of the opening to our Placement Chair.
Click here to contact our Placement Chairperson
Southeastern Rhode Island manufacturing company has an immediate need for a Quality Manager. In this role you will use your supervisory skills and your expertise in ISO-9001. For more information, contact Brad Earnest at email@example.com or call him at (860) 278-5840 ext. 257
• Drives quality
Brad Earnest, CPC
RJS Associates, Inc.
Follow us on facebook.
Quality Assurance Technician
The quality assurance technician is responsible for: Supporting manufacturing by providing facts and data in their effort to produce parts that conform to customer and internal specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Use standard precision measuring instruments to inspect CNC machined parts
· Perform incoming, in-process, first article, and final inspections
· Interpret blueprintsin relation to the CNC machined parts GD&T/notes and select proper technique and equipment
· Data entry and analysis
· Communicating facts and data
· Assisting in all quality/manufacturing support functions
· Provide quality related training to other team members
· Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow company safety standards
May perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Ability to use standard measuring equipment: Test Indicators, Height Stands, O.D. and depth micrometers, verniercalipers , pitch mics, drop indicators, optical comparator, microscope
· Ability to accurately and precisely measure and document all facts and data
· Ability to analyze inspection findings and communicate those findings to management
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to be self-directed, requiring little or no supervision.
· Ability to maintain necessary work flow, possess a high degree of attention to detail and organizational skills
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the public
· Ability to read and write English and follow verbal instructions
· Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctually standards.
· Must be customer service oriented.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· 3-5+ years of quality control experience in a machine shop environment
· High School diploma or GED preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· General computer experience is required using MS Word and MS Excel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Frequently required to stand, walk , talk and hear
· Frequently required to use hand to manipulate objects, tools or controls
· Primarily working in a manufacturing shop environment, may have exposure to warehouse equipment, dust, and noise
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required include; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Must comply with the PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection in some areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employee and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Contact Liz O’Connor if you are interested at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to job resources.