Some employers prefer not to post job openings, so be sure to contact our Placement Chair for unadvertised job openings.
Click here to contact our Placement Chairperson
Companies that would like to post positions here 30 days free of charge should email a description of the opening to our Placement Chair.
Click here to contact our Placement Chairperson
· Measure, layout, witness or setup and perform pressure testing, on a wide variety of products and related components. Inspect or otherwise determine acceptability of components and/or assemblies in various stages of manufacture in relation to established specification limits in accordance with established techniques under the direction of the Group Leader or the Supervisor. When no established techniques or methods are available, such as prototype, Auditor and supervisor will work together to establish the acceptable technique required. Specialized training and testing may be required in order to be qualified in certain aspects of dimensional or non-destructive testing requirements.
· Set up and perform bench inspection, layout inspection, in-process inspection, receiving inspection and final inspection as needed. Perform audit inspection or certified operator inspectors, as required.
· Program and operate CNC-CMM’s such as the Zeiss brand, to perform receiving and or finish inspection on a variety of parts as directed.
· Select techniques to be used as applicable to the requirements specified or work to specific instruction in cases of critical requirements or difficult measurements.
· Prepare and maintain a wide variety of record and or files on the data regarding acceptance or rejection and of traceability of inspection results on accessory seals and/or components in accordance with established limits and procedures. Assist customer representatives when required. Perform the duties of a Quality Auditor on a plant wide basis.
· Report problems or unusual conditions to Group Leader or the Supervisor
· Maintain work area, equipment and tools in clean and orderly condition
· Observe prescribed safety precautions, company rules and regulations
· Requires the use of shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, various types of adjustable measuring instruments
· Basic knowledge and understanding of how to use and operate the different varieties of tools and precision measuring instruments with a manufacturing environment.
· Read and interpret mechanical blueprints and understand geometric tolerance symbols
· Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform and make decision as to the sequence of inspection and selection of tools.
· Continuously lifting or moving light weight parts and materials
· Minimum 2-3 years manufacturing experience
· Read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables
· Experience with precision measurement instrumentationKnowledgeable in GD&T
JOB TITLE: Posted:
headquarters are in Franklin, MA, and is ISO 9001:2015 registered.
We have manufacturing facilities in Nashville, TN and Reno, NV. We
are also distributing and manufacturing our products in Europe
through our licensee, Topa Verpakking. Our affiliated design and
testing laboratories are highly recognized throughout the industry
· Establish, monitor, analyze, and report on the major quality indicators for the plant. Utilize accepted capability indicators (CP, CpK, PPM, etc.).
· Create and facilitate problem-solving teams; including the use of problem solving tools such as FMEA.
· Partner with the Process Excellence group to drive efficiency, quality improvements and increased customer satisfaction through elimination of waste.
· Investigate, analyze, develop and determine processes and process improvements on existing products to improve quality and or productivity.
· Develop and implement quality tools in the line such as defect tracking, random audits, verification check sheets, etc.
· Assist the Directorin establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
· Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
· Plan and implement projects to improve quality control and monitor internal quality.
· Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
· Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
· Interface with external customers and suppliers on quality-related issues.
· Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
· Continuously improving QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
· Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
· Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct audits.
· Perform duties in accordance with established quality standards.
· Actively support Health, Safety and Environment rules and regulations.
· BS in Quality, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
· Min 2+yearsof experience in manufacturing quality environment.
· In-depth knowledge of ISO9001:2015.
· ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Auditor preferred.
· Six sigma green / black belt certified and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
· Experience in a cGMP and FDA regulated environment preferred.
· Quality systems auditing experience; preferably as a lead auditor.
· Experience in MRB, design reviews, supplier audits, corrective action programs.
· Strong knowledge and use of MS Office applications, integrated MRP database applications, and experience with Minitab also desired.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in driving improvement initiatives.
· Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment.
· Ambitious self-starter with drive to implement and achieve desired results.
· Effectively manage multiple and changing priorities.
· Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. on occasion.Occasional travel required.
Please apply to:
Rosemary Callahan, ASQ-CQE
Southeastern Rhode Island manufacturing company has an immediate need for a Quality Manager. In this role you will use your supervisory skills and your expertise in ISO-9001. For more information, contact Brad Earnest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (860) 278-5840 ext. 257
• Drives quality
Brad Earnest, CPC
RJS Associates, Inc.
Follow us on facebook.
Quality Assurance Technician
The quality assurance technician is responsible for: Supporting manufacturing by providing facts and data in their effort to produce parts that conform to customer and internal specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Use standard precision measuring instruments to inspect CNC machined parts
· Perform incoming, in-process, first article, and final inspections
· Interpret blueprintsin relation to the CNC machined parts GD&T/notes and select proper technique and equipment
· Data entry and analysis
· Communicating facts and data
· Assisting in all quality/manufacturing support functions
· Provide quality related training to other team members
· Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow company safety standards
May perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Ability to use standard measuring equipment: Test Indicators, Height Stands, O.D. and depth micrometers, verniercalipers , pitch mics, drop indicators, optical comparator, microscope
· Ability to accurately and precisely measure and document all facts and data
· Ability to analyze inspection findings and communicate those findings to management
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to be self-directed, requiring little or no supervision.
· Ability to maintain necessary work flow, possess a high degree of attention to detail and organizational skills
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the public
· Ability to read and write English and follow verbal instructions
· Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctually standards.
· Must be customer service oriented.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· 3-5+ years of quality control experience in a machine shop environment
· High School diploma or GED preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· General computer experience is required using MS Word and MS Excel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Frequently required to stand, walk , talk and hear
· Frequently required to use hand to manipulate objects, tools or controls
· Primarily working in a manufacturing shop environment, may have exposure to warehouse equipment, dust, and noise
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required include; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Must comply with the PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection in some areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employee and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Contact Liz O’Connor if you are interested at: email@example.com
Links to job resources.